Are you ready for the ultimate crispy and crunchy potato experience? Look no further, because our crunchy semolina roast potatoes are here to tantalise your taste buds. Made with a secret ingredient – Marshalls Semolina – these potatoes are elevated to a whole new level of deliciousness.
Imagine biting into a perfectly roasted potato with a crunchy exterior and a soft and fluffy inside. The semolina coating adds an extra crunch and a subtle, nutty flavour that pairs perfectly with the earthy taste of potatoes. These potatoes are the perfect side dish for any meal or a delicious snack all on their own.
Get ready to sink your teeth into the most mouthwatering, crunchy and flavorful potatoes you’ve ever tasted!
- 1kg floury potatoes, King Edward or Maris Piper
- 2-3 tablespoons Marshalls Semolina
- Vegetable oil
- Half a head of garlic
- Few sprigs of fresh rosemary
- Preheat your oven to 220°C.
- Begin by peeling and quartering the potatoes so they are roughly the same size.
- Add the potatoes to a large pot and cover with cold water. Place on a lid and bring to a boil over a high heat. Once boiling let the potatoes boil for 8-10 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and return to the pan to let steam dry.
- Place a large roasting tray in the oven to preheat with enough vegetable oil to cover the bottom.
- Pour the semolina over the potatoes and shake well.
- After 5 minutes carefully take the tray out of the oven and add the potatoes. Gently toss the potatoes in the oil then place them in the oven.
- Cook for 1 hour, turning every 20 minutes.
- When the potatoes have 10 minutes to go crush the cloves of garlic and add to the roasting tray with the rosemary.
- To serve, season generously with salt and pepper and plate up.