Follow our recipe for a tasty Spaghetti Carbonara.
- 3-4 free-range egg yolks
- 40g parmesan cheese, plus extra to garnish
- 150g of pancetta, pre-chopped
- 200g spaghetti
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Put the egg yolks in a bowl and grate your parmesan into it, season with salt and pepper and mix well with a fork.
- Cook the spaghetti according to pack instructions until al dente.
- In a large frying pan, add your olive oil. Crush the garlic clove with the palm of your hand, add to the pan and leave it to flavour the pan for a minute. Stir in the pancetta, then cook for approx. 4 minutes or until it starts to crisp up.
- Take the garlic clove out of the pan and drain your pasta, reserving some of the cooking water. Add spaghetti and toss well.
- Remove pan from the heat, add a splash of cooking water and toss well again, season with pepper then pour in your egg mixture – the residue heat will help cook the egg gently.
- Toss well, adding more cooking water until it’s lovely and glossy.
- Serve with more grated parmesan and some extra pepper.