Get ready to transport your taste buds to Italy with this mouthwatering recipe for homemade, authentic spaghetti and meatballs!
Using only the freshest, highest-quality ingredients, this dish is sure to become a family favourite.
We start by using juicy, flavorful British pork sausage to create tender, succulent meatballs that are bursting with taste. Then, we pair them with silky, smooth Marshalls spaghetti for the ultimate pasta experience.
Whether you’re a seasoned cook or just starting out, this recipe is easy to follow and sure to impress.
- 500g Marshalls spaghetti
- 6 British pork sausages
- 1kg beef mince
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- Flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 50g Parmesan
- 2 eggs, beaten with a fork
- Olive oil
For The Sauce
- Olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tin of tomatoes
- 1 glass of red wine, optional
- Caster sugar, pinch
- Flat-leaf parsley
- To make the meatballs, split the sausage casings and extract the meat into a large bowl.
- Add the minced beef, onion, parsley, parmesan, breadcrumbs, beaten eggs and seasoning.
- Mix together well, the more you mash the mince, the more tender your meatballs will be.
- Once you are happy with the mixture, preheat your oven to 220° Celsius.
- Onto a baking tray, roll out your meatballs into a similar size to golf balls and place them on the tray.
- Drizzle with olive oil, shake to coat and place into the oven for 20-30 minutes or until browned.
- Whilst the meatballs are cooking in the oven, you can make your homemade tomato sauce and cook your pasta.
- Cook the pasta according to the pack instructions.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan, add your garlic and sizzle for 1 minute.
- Stir in the tomatoes, wine, sugar, parsley and seasoning. Simmer for 15-20 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in fresh basil leaves.
- Drain the pasta and divide between bowls.
- Spoon over the tomato sauce and meatballs. Serve with a good grating of parmesan and basil leaves. Serve with more grated Parmesan and some extra pepper.