Get ready to indulge in a decadent and smoky macaroni cheese experience!
Our smokey chorizo and Scotch whisky macaroni cheese is the perfect combination of creamy macaroni cheese, spicy chorizo, and smoky Scotch whisky. The dish is made by cooking diced chorizo in a saucepan until crispy and then using the chorizo fat to make a smooth and ultimately cheesy sauce, enhanced with a touch of Scotch whisky.
The sauce is poured over perfectly cooked al dente Marshalls macaroni, then topped with grated cheddar and Parmesan, and a sprinkle of paprika. The dish is then baked in the oven until golden and bubbly.
With every bite, you get a delicious explosion of flavour – what’s more to want?
- 400g Marshalls macaroni
- 125g chorizo, diced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 75ml Scotch whisky
- 500ml whole milk
- 200g cheddar cheese, grated
- 50g Parmesan, grated
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- Preheat your oven to 200°C.
- Begin by making the chorizo cheese sauce. Set a saucepan over a medium heat and add the chorizo. Cook for 5 minutes to allow the chorizo to release its fat and crisp up slightly then remove from the pan with a slotted spoon.
- Add the butter to the remaining fat and allow to melt before whisking in the flour. Add in the whisky and allow the alcohol to cook off for a minute or so whilst constantly whisking.
- Gradually add in the milk, stirring as you go, until you have a smooth sauce. Once you have added in all the milk allow to cook gently for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened then stir through the cheese and the chorizo.
- Next, cook the macaroni in boiling salted water for 5 minutes then drain and return to the pan. Pour the cheese sauce over the macaroni, stir through and season with salt and pepper. Transfer to an oven-proof dish, and sprinkle over the Parmesan and the paprika.
- Place in the oven for 20 minutes then serve.