Who doesn’t love a good macaroni and cheese? Creamy, gooey, and oh-so-cheesy, it’s the ultimate comfort food.
And when you add a flaky, buttery shortcrust pastry to the mix? Well, that’s a recipe for pure indulgence! This macaroni cheese pie is the perfect meal for the whole family to enjoy, and the best part? It can be made in just 45 minutes!
With a few simple ingredients and shop-bought pastry, you can have this mouthwatering dish on the table in no time. So why wait? Preheat your oven and let’s get cooking!
- 190g box Marshalls Cheesey
- 50g butter
- 75-90ml milk, plus a little more for glazing the pie
- 100g frozen peas, optional
- Spray oil
- 320g ready-rolled shortcrust pastry
- 50g mature cheddar cheese, grated
- Prepare the Marshalls Cheesey according to the instructions on the packet, using butter, milk and the cheese sauce packet to create the sauce. If you’d like to add some additional colour and flavour to your macaroni cheese pie, boil some frozen peas along with the pasta.
- Spray a 6-inch loose-bottomed cake tin with oil, and line the base and sides of the tin with pre-rolled shortcrust pastry.
- Allow the macaroni cheese to cool for at least 5 minutes, then transfer half of it to the pastry-lined cake tin. Sprinkle over the grated cheese, then top with the remaining pasta.
- Add an extra piece of pastry to form the lid of the pie, making sure to seal it around the edges – use a fork if needed. You can then trim off any excess pastry. Cut a small slit in the top of the pie to allow steam to escape, and brush the pie with a small amount of milk.
- Bake at 190°C (Gas Mark 5 / 375°F) for around 40 minutes, or until the pastry is golden brown and crispy. Allow to sit for 5 minutes, then remove from the cake tin to serve.