Indulge in a slice of heaven with our orange cake made with Marshalls Farola!
This delicious cake is the perfect combination of zesty oranges and fluffy, tender cake. The addition of Marshalls Farola gives the cake a unique texture, elevating it from ordinary to extraordinary. Every bite is bursting with juicy orange flavour and a delicate crumb that melts in your mouth.
This cake is a perfect addition to any special occasion or just as a sweet treat for yourself. Get ready to tantalize your taste buds with this mouthwatering orange cake made with Marshalls Farola.
- 150g Marshalls Farola
- 150g plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 175g unsalted butter, softened
- 225g caster sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 100ml whole milk
- 50ml fresh orange juice
For The Syrup
- 100ml fresh orange juice
- 200g caster sugar
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Begin by mixing together the plain flour, farola and baking powder, then set aside.
- Next, beat together the butter and sugar with an electric whisk. Once combined beat in the eggs one by one then add in the milk.
- Tip in the flour mix and fold together.
- Stir in the orange juice then transfer to a greased and lined 20cm spring-loaded cake tin then place in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the orange syrup. Add the orange juice and caster sugar to a small saucepan and gently heat for a few minutes until the sugar has dissolved then cool.
- When the cake is cooked, take it out of the oven and allow it to cool in the tin for 5 minutes before removing it from the tin and putting it on a wire rack.
- Set a tray or plate underneath the wire rack then pierce the cake all over with a toothpick and pour over the syrup. Allow the cake to cool completely before dusting it with icing sugar and scattering over some orange peel.