Traditional Scottish Shortbread
Our Marshalls Farola makes these shortbread fingers a simple delight to make.
- 300g butter
- 150g caster sugar (plus more to serve)
- 150g Marshalls Farola (fine semolina)
- 300g plain flour
- Add the butter and caster sugar to a large mixing bowl, and cream together until light and fluffy.
- Next, add the farola and plain flour, and mix well. If needed, you can use clean hands to help the mixture come together to form a dough (but be careful not to overwork the dough).
- When a dough has formed, press the mixture into a lined metal tin, measuring approximately 10 x 7 inches (or similar).
- Bake at 150°C (Gas Mark 2 / 300°F) for around 45 minutes, or until the shortbread is firm and just beginning to turn golden brown.
- Sprinkle the shortbread with a little extra sugar while it’s still warm, then leave to cool. Cut into chunky finger shapes to serve.