Looking for a quick and delicious comfort food that’s perfect for any occasion? Look no further than this easy macaroni pie recipe!
Not only is it a classic favourite, but it’s also a traditional Scottish delicacy that’s sure to impress. With just a few simple ingredients and minimal prep time, you can have a mouthwatering macaroni pie on the table in no time. So why wait? Give this tasty recipe a try and discover why macaroni pie is a beloved dish in Scotland and beyond!
So why wait? Give this tasty recipe a try and discover why macaroni pie is a beloved dish in Scotland and beyond!
- 1 box of Marshalls Cheesey
- 50g butter
- 75-90ml milk
- 100g Scottish cheddar cheese
- Pre-made shortcrust pastry
- Cook your box of Cheesey Macaroni according to pack instructions.
- Once that is made, prepare your pre-made pastry.
- Roll the pastry out to about half a centimetre thick, and using a large circle muffin cutter, cut out as many circles of pastry as you can – on average you should be able to get 8-10 circles from the pastry.
- Place these pastry circles into a lined (with butter) muffin tray.
- Spoon your Cheesey macaroni mixture into the pastry until full and top with your cheddar cheese.
- Place in the oven for 20 minutes or until the top is golden brown, crispy and bubbling.