Looking for a hearty and satisfying meal that will warm you up from the inside out? Look no further than our Aberdeen Angus pasta stew!
Made with tender pieces of Aberdeen Angus beef and a rich tomato-based sauce, this dish is sure to become a new family favourite. By using Marshalls Spirali and vegetables, they add bulk and flavour, making it a complete and well-rounded meal. Plus, it’s easy to prepare and can be made in advance, making it the perfect choice for busy weeknights.
Try our Aberdeen Angus pasta stew tonight and experience the ultimate comfort food!
- 500g Aberdeen Angus stewing beef, chopped into 2cm pieces
- 4 carrots, roughly chopped
- 1 large onion, diced
- 5-6 mushrooms, roughly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- A little plain flour
- 2 beef stock cubes
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons tomato purée
- 350ml red wine
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon spiced plum chutney, or cranberry sauce
- 125g Marshalls Spirali pasta, cooked, drained, and cooled
- Cook 125g Marshalls Spirali according to pack instructions, once cooked drain and leave to cool.
- In a large deep pan, heat the oil and coat the beef in some flour, fry on a high heat until browned on all sides then tip onto a plate and set aside.
- In the same pan soften the onions on a medium heat for five minutes, then add the garlic and carrots. Fry these for a further minute before adding in the mushrooms and crumbling in the stock cubes. Now fry for just 30 seconds.
- Add the beef back to the pan, squeeze in the purée, chutney, Worcestershire sauce and stir thoroughly.
- Pour in the red wine, add the bay leaves, a good pinch of salt and pepper, and top up with hot water so the ingredients are just covered.
- Turn the heat up to bring the stew to a bubble, then reduce the heat to a slow simmer. Place a lid on the pan and cook on low for 2-3 hours. If you’re using a slow cooker, place it on low for about 5-6 hours, stirring often and topping up with a little water if needed.
- About 5 minutes before serving add in the cooled pasta to heat through in the stew and sprinkle over the thyme.
- Serve with warm bread for dipping.