Chicken and Broccoli Lasagne
A variation to the usual meat lasagne, using succulent chicken and juicy broccoli.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced thinly
- 75g (3oz) plain white flour
- 600 ml (1pint) chicken stock
- 300ml (1/2 pint) milk
- 375g (12 oz) cooked chicken
- 250g (8oz) broccoli, blanched and cut into small pieces
- 100g (4oz) sweetcorn kernels, cooked a pinch of dried mixed herbs
- 12 sheets of Marshalls Lasagne salt and pepper
- 50g (2oz) Cheddar cheese, grated grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6
- Heat the oil and fry the onion for 5 minutes.
- Add the flour and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and gradually add stock and milk, stirring well between each addition.
- Return the pan to the heat and bring to the boil, stirring constantly. Simmer until the sauce thickens.
- Off the heat, add the cooked chicken, broccoli and sweetcorn and then the herbs and season with salt and pepper. Place a thin layer of sauce in the base of a 23cm (9inch) square ovenproof dish. Cover with four sheets of lasagne. Repeat the layers of sauce and lasagne twice more, ending with a layer of sauce.
- Sprinkle with the Cheddar cheese and the parmesan, if using, and then bake for 35 minutes.
- Allow to stand for a few minutes before serving