Craving a comforting and flavourful meal that will satisfy your whole family? Our chicken and broccoli lasagne is the perfect choice!
Filled with tender pieces of chicken, nutritious broccoli, and a rich, creamy cheese sauce, this dish is sure to please even the pickiest of eaters. The layers of pasta and sauce make it hearty and filling, while the addition of the chicken and broccoli provide a boost of protein and nutrients. Plus, it’s easy to prepare and can be made in advance, making it a convenient choice for busy weeknights. Give our chicken and broccoli lasagne a try tonight and discover a new family favourite!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 75g plain white flour
- 600ml chicken stock
- 300ml milk
- 375g cooked chicken
- 250g broccoli, blanched and cut into small pieces
- 100g sweetcorn kernels, cooked in a pinch of dried mixed herbs
- 12 sheets of Marshalls lasagne
- Salt and pepper
- 50g cheddar cheese, grated
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6.
- Heat the oil and fry the onion for five minutes.
- Add the flour and cook for a further two minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and gradually add stock and milk, stirring well between each addition.
- Return the pan to the heat and bring it to a boil, stirring constantly. Simmer until the sauce thickens.
- Off the heat, add the cooked chicken, broccoli, and sweetcorn and then the herbs and season with salt and pepper. Place a thin layer of sauce in the base of an ovenproof dish.
- Cover with four sheets of lasagne. Repeat the layers of sauce and lasagne twice more, ending with a layer of sauce.
- Sprinkle with the Cheddar cheese and the Parmesan, if using, and then bake for 35 minutes.
- Allow to stand for a few minutes before serving.
4 thoughts on “Chicken and Broccoli Lasagne”
One of the best Recipes for my family and friends
We agree! Lasagne is one of our go-to recipes for sure!
Can this be prepped then frozen before cooking
We have not tried it with this particular recipe, but with other lasagnes we’ve made, yes! We find that sometimes when prepped in advance, the flavours have more chance to develop giving you a much tastier dish! Please do let us know if you try it with this recipe though!